Friday, September 5, 2008

Mum's the word

A newsletter arrived today from one of my favourite fabric shops. The opening paragraph reads:

Fall is in the air, the kids are going back to school and mums are replacing the summer annuals.

Well, that's a bit of an assumption, I thought. Who says mothers do all the gardening? And what are they meant to be replacing the summer annuals with?

And then I thought, Oh, hang on - I'm a Mom now, aren't I, not a Mum.

So, what kind of 'mum' are they talking about?

3 comments:

  1. I won't spoil your competition with the answer... But is there another mum sale at school this term?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It keeps confusing me when I go shopping too. Just because I moved thousands of miles away from family doesn't mean I want to buy a new mum, even if I can get a gallon sized one for a bargain price! (I'll stick with the pint sized one I've got in England - tee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two knew the answer already, of course. But I'll give the others a couple more days to work on it...

    ReplyDelete