The whole region is on a flood watch. I set out to a meeting tonight around six thirty and our street was like a river. It's set to continue raining until Friday morning, mostly into our basement amusingly enough.The meeting was to plan the next Five Rivers Fall Festival. It's quite an established event and the team all know each other well, but they made me very welcome and I'm looking forward to being involved. I've volunteered to organise a rock painting stall. Rockin' role!
Also today I took the Boy and his friend Exile #3 to the cinema to see WALL-E. It's an excellent animation, with some quite dark and complex themes alongside the flash-bang-whizz stuff. The Boy ended up on my lap again, but this time not from fear. As the robot hero WALL-E left planet Earth, clinging to the side of a space-ship and leaving behind his little insect friend, I realised the Boy was sobbing: 'It's too sad, it reminds me of England.'
I wonder if he'll ever truly settle into his American life.
Have you suggested soft-toy hoopla yet for the festival? If so, I'll send Rockfish over with a suitcase-ful...she won't mind
ReplyDeleteHa ha - not for the Five Rivers Fest, but the school fall fair will indeed feature soft toy hoop-la! Shall we try and win some for you?
ReplyDeleteyes please, we are now using them for loft insulation.
ReplyDelete