The Boy made a tactical error this morning. I dropped the children off at a local day-camp (what in England I think we'd call a summer play-scheme) and he chose to leave his smelly old blankie in the car. So I took it home. And I washed it. Hallelujah.
The Girl enjoyed her novelty value at camp: once they learnt that she's British the other kids all wanted her to say things 'in her accent'. The Boy also seemed to have a good time, though before it started he had adopted a 'camp stinks' stance which he is loathe to drop. We'll see how he goes on through the rest of the week.
It has been uncomfortably hot again today, though some rain fell after dark. Tonight I babysat for the Exiles while they went out for a rather exclusive meal and driving home steam was rolling up at me from the road - quite spooky.
No comments:
Post a Comment