Sunday, December 1, 2013

Joy to the world


The Man was up and out early with the Girl, who had a skating test in Troy (she passed).  I got to take it easy for the morning.  There was a quick scoot round town in the middle of the day to pick up lawn signs, then I got to take it easy in the afternoon, too, while the Man took the Boy and a friend to the cinema.

Tonight at dinner the Boy had one of his moments of bizarre verbal brilliance.  A propos of I-can't-remember-what, he decided to share some marketing advice.  "You see," he said, putting an arm round his sister's shoulder and flashing his best salesman's smile, "You have to imagine that you're selling joy!"

Whole careers have been based on less, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Skater. Boy proffers sound advice. Could principle be tested with his own yard sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Girl

    ReplyDelete