I'm not a Monty Python fan. There, I've said it. It's not quite as clever as it thinks it is, and really, what is it with posh blokes and all that toilet humour?
However, free seats are free seats, and when a friend suggested meeting up to see the Park Playhouse production of Spamalot in Albany's Washington Park, I was happy to say yes. The whole family attended, and we had a jolly time. After we'd staked out a place to sit there was time for a picnic and a play on the swings before the show began.
It was a slick production, and I was impressed by the cast's well-executed British accents. The songs were silly but rousing, including - of course - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (the UK's alternative national anthem?). This is the twenty-fifth year of free productions in the park - bravo Albany for providing the Capital District with this annual summer gift of entertainment.
What a good idea =and so cheap compared with concerts here
ReplyDelete