Sunday, July 7, 2013

Murray - mint!

ESPN coverage of Wimbledon opened this morning with just the barest hint of hyperbole:
The streets will empty, the fields will lay barren...hoping to turn a waking nightmare into a dream shared by every breathing British soul...
But then again - how exciting was that match?!  And - woohoo! - finally a British Wimbledon Men's Singles champion, after 77 years.  Go Murray!  We're all Scottish now (did you know I was actually born in East Kilbride.  No, seriously...)

The rest of the day proceeded hot and thundery.  The thunder never amounted to anything more, but made pool swimming a bit iffy, and when the Man took the Boy and his buddy mini-golfing they were called off the course halfway round because of the vague threat of lightning (at least they came home with free passes for another time).


This evening I have cooked up an Indian vegan storm in the kitchen - turmeric rice, spicy lentils and even spicier chickpeas.  The Girl, continuing her adventures in food, tried everything and gave it all a thumbs up.

While cooking I thought I'd treat myself to a cooling non-alcoholic beer, my occasional tipple of choice (I'm such a party animal).  But I accidentally grabbed and opened a bottle of IPA - yikes, the real alcoholic thing!  Needless to say it went straight to my head and made for a cheery dinnertime.  But, hey, Murray is Wimbledon Champion - finally!  That's worth getting a little bit pizzled for, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Och Aye! They must stay in the Union now We cant lose"our " champion!

    ReplyDelete