Saturday, October 6, 2012

New York Post

I had a fine day yesterday in the city with my brother and niece.  We took in a gallery, the New Museum (not wild about all the current exhibits, but the building is impressive); dim sum in Chinatown; views from the Seaport; there-and-back on the Staten Island ferry; a quick look in the National Museum of the American Indian; and walking, walking, walking, enjoying the sights and sounds.  The sun shone all day long.

 
In the early evening we stopped in at a SoHo bar, where the drinks and snacks were good but the service bizarrely haphazard, and the evening ended with me having to make hurried farewells as I leapt into a yellow cab to get back to Penn Station in time for my train.

 
My relatives are probably (as I write) halfway across the Atlantic now, after what sounded like an excellent week in NY, NY.  Other relatives (my mum and dad) will be on their way to Albany, NY in just a few days.  The grand tidy-up is in full swing...

No comments:

Post a Comment