My HILL lecture course on the election took a break last week because of Colombus Day, but we were all back in the church hall again this afternoon - a more subdued crowd of (most-if-not-all) Democrats than two weeks ago, I think it's fair to say. Since the first Presidential debate earlier in the month, Romney has gained ground in the polls and the race looks to be truly neck and neck.
Our speaker did his best to restore everyone's confidence. Anyone who could be swayed by a single debate could easily be swung back by another, he assured us. And as long as women and Hispanic voters get out there on polling day, Obama should still be able to pull off a win. He gave us all sorts of reasons to remain hopeful...but personally I'm not counting any chickens just yet.
Not that it's anything to do with me, of course - I'm just a disenfranchised bystander.
No comments:
Post a Comment