Thursday, August 16, 2012

The "s" word

We have reached that point in the summer when we are - as little as possible, but still somewhat - beginning to think about... (shh) back-to-school.

Over here that principally means the annual chore of buying school supplies.  Determined not to be caught out yet again by a last minute global shortage of one-inch red binders (what is it about those red binders?) I got the lists out, checked our existing supplies (quite a lot is recyclable from last year) and took the kids down to Staples. 

Amazingly, we managed a clean sweep - every item on the list in one trip to one store, and it took us less than 30 minutes.  Nothing short of miraculous.

Of course, the Girl hasn't yet received all her teacher allocations.  Who knows what the as yet undisclosed French teacher will require her to have by way of rare pocket folders, pronged or otherwise?  But I have at least done all I can with the information currently available.

Another happy piece of school-related news:  the school district's calendar arrived in the mailbox today and we have confirmed that the Boy's birthday is going to fall on a Saturday and the Girl's in a vacation.  Much rejoicing!

1 comment:

  1. I always used to start getting sad about now with the thought of going to night school when I was studying for my work connected qualifications

    ReplyDelete