Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lastminute.mom

Remember a few weeks ago when I was so chuffed with myself for getting on and buying school supplies well ahead of back-to-school day?  Ha!  So much for that.   While we were in the UK the Girl received her subject-teacher designations, and a whole new list of school supplies specifically required by each of them.  Oh, and there were still the Boy's supplies to buy, which I just hadn't quite got round to before.

It took me all day, dragging myself from store to store with all the other last minute moms. This store was all out of glue-sticks; the next was down to its last box of pencils (I needed two); only one store had any red binders and then only at outrageous prices (there's always one teacher who insists on red binders, when they must know red binders are like gold-dust). 

However after several frazzled hours trying to correctly follow the very specific instructions (eight dividers with pockets; six yellow folders with prongs etc etc) I had managed to complete the list.  Hooray!  Now I just have to spend another day divvying everything up and making sure the right bits of kit go to school with the right kid - it might prove a challenge too much for my poor slow-moving, jet-lagged brain.

2 comments:

  1. Oldest son went off to first day of college today. All dressed and ready by 7 am. Wasn't til he'd gone that we realised he was wearing his brother's shoes, 2 sizes too small for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squished toes notwithstanding, I hope all has gone well for everyone starting at "big" school (and all the other size schools) this week.

    ReplyDelete