Friday, August 3, 2012

Smartie-pants phone

I took the kids food shopping for their party, and lo the cupboard is now bulging with a variety of edible non-foodstuffs.  Ho hum.  I'm sure it'll all go down well (and let's just hope not too much of it comes up again in the middle of the night).

The entire surface of the pool is now covered in inflatables and no water is visible.  It gives me an idea for a new Olympic swimming event - the 200m obstacle crawl.

Meanwhile the Girl has been quizzing Siri, the smart-aleck voice of the Man's iPhone, on the meaning of Life the Universe and Everything.  Selected answers include:
  • I Kant answer that. Ha-ha.
  • It's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya.
  • I can't answer that right now, but give me some time to write a long play in which nothing happens.
  • All evidence to date suggests it's chocolate.
  • Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
  • 42
Has anyone got anything else to offer on the subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment