Sunday, August 19, 2012

Art in the park

The Man and I drove up to Saratoga Spa State Park this afternoon to enjoy an art festival.  The Girl (who, unlike her brother, hadn't found anything better to do) came with us under duress, and who knows how much (if at all) she enjoyed it?

It was a perfect day for such an event, sunny but mild, and a lovely setting.  There was a wide variety of art on show, including photos and oils of the New England coast, etchings, large striking prints, sculptures made out of junk, silks, pottery, and fun kaleidoscopes. Much of it was beyond our pockets, but it was still interesting to wander and admire. 

Modest complaints:  the live band playing "mellow rock" music was a bit intrusively loud.  And the refreshments were, as ever, mainly of the oh-so-familiar fried kind.  I was very hungry and ordered some "butterfly fries" - made from potatoes spun and sliced into whirls then deep fried - the perfect vehicle for a good old helping of grease.  Not my best ever meal choice, but I ate up because, as I say, I was hungry. Not to mention they cost $7 a serving - yikes.

On the way home the Girl took a chortling trip down memory lane, reading old entries of this blog on her dad's iPhone.  "It's not fair," she sighed, "[the Boy] and I were much cuter and funnier then!  Now we just act surly."  Hmm. She knows herself too well, that kid - it's unnerving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks to be a beautiful place to visit. Lovely photos and the chips look good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early for nostalgia - which isn't what it used to be

    ReplyDelete