In the afternoon: back to the beach for more fun-in-the-waves, sand-in-the-hair action. And from there it was just down the road to Thunder Hole, a crevice in the rocks that makes a booming sound as the tide washes into it. Maybe we caught it on a quiet day - if I'd travelled 500 miles just to see it I'd have been a bit disappointed - but we watched it for a while, then the kids enjoyed scrambling about on the rocks (until the Boy tripped and had to hobble back to the car with banged-about knees).
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, August 27, 2012
Park life
In the afternoon: back to the beach for more fun-in-the-waves, sand-in-the-hair action. And from there it was just down the road to Thunder Hole, a crevice in the rocks that makes a booming sound as the tide washes into it. Maybe we caught it on a quiet day - if I'd travelled 500 miles just to see it I'd have been a bit disappointed - but we watched it for a while, then the kids enjoyed scrambling about on the rocks (until the Boy tripped and had to hobble back to the car with banged-about knees).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment