Saratoga Springs, as it turned out. We stopped off in the State Park, and would have partaken of the spring waters if there hadn't been such long lines at the taps. Instead we hopped back in the car and moved on to Ballston Spa.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, August 13, 2012
Mango Tree
After a failed attempt to go roller-skating (Guptills was closed), I found myself driving up Route 9 this afternoon with the kids, not sure where we would end up.
Saratoga Springs, as it turned out. We stopped off in the State Park, and would have partaken of the spring waters if there hadn't been such long lines at the taps. Instead we hopped back in the car and moved on to Ballston Spa.
There I finally got to call in on Mango Tree Imports, a fair trade craft store I've been meaning to visit for ages.
It's a lovely store, beautifully laid out. Full disclosure, I know the owners (Kim and Chris Anderson) pretty well through numerous fair trade events. This mostly means that I know what great people they are, how hard they work at their business and how dedicated they are to the whole concept of fair trade. They are behind Ballston Spa becoming New York State's first (and still only) Fair Trade Town.
I very much enjoyed looking round the shop. If you happen to be a local reader, or in the area, it's definitely worth making the trip to Mango Tree to check out the huge variety of products - each with an interesting tale of the artisan or community who made it.
Saratoga Springs, as it turned out. We stopped off in the State Park, and would have partaken of the spring waters if there hadn't been such long lines at the taps. Instead we hopped back in the car and moved on to Ballston Spa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment