Thank you to the Exiles for being our Olympic hosts tonight! We watched the opening ceremony on NBC - it all kicked off on TV just as the real thing was ending in London. A few in our party fell sleepily by the wayside, but most of us made it through to the end at midnight.
Wow! Cracking show! Only spoiled here by too many ad breaks (we miss you, BBC).
The Voldemort/Poppins face-off. The tribute to "socialized medicine". The torch zipping up the Thames. Of course James Bond on Her Majesty's not-so-secret service. And I genuinely enjoyed watching all the athletes march by. Oh, and the amazing flaming cauldron...
What were your best bits?
You seriously enjoyed watching ALL the athletes march by? Sorry but after an hour of watching them wave and take photos???, and realising they were only half way through, I have to admit I opted for sleep. And how bizarre was the Voldemort-Poppins thing! My favourite bit was Mr Bean.
ReplyDeleteLoved the music, James Bond and the flaming cauldron.
ReplyDeleteTwice fell asleep during the march past but it was after midnight
ReplyDeleteDidnt like a lot of the music(including Paul McCartney} Didnt the Queen look happy!!)
At times brilliant At other times quite baffaling All over the tv again this morning
ReplyDeleteTrampolining on hospital beds. Mr Bean. Forging the rings.
ReplyDeleteMissed band of Royal Marines!
Yes, I really do like the march past. I like seeing all the Pacific islanders and people from countries with only six qualifying athletes, because it's such a big deal for them to be there, even if (as the NBC announcer kept pointing out, smugly) most of those countries have never won a medal.
ReplyDelete