Friday, July 13, 2012

But me, no butts

The Boy spent the morning hanging out with a friend who'd slept over last night, then went off with the friend's family to spend the afternoon by a lake.  The Girl had a last morning with her goat-and-chicken chums at Indian Ladder Farms, and in the afternoon swam in the pool with some younger Exiles.  Meanwhile I sat on the deck and enjoyed grown up company: Exile #2 and The Exile's parents who are over here on a visit (it was nice to see you! And thanks for following this blog!).

It doesn't get any cooler in the daytime - in the 90sF again today - but it was overcast so it didn't feel quite so punishing outdoors.  Although storm clouds occasionally pretend to threaten I can't remember the last time it actually rained here, which makes it all the stranger that the DIY and garden stores seem to have sold out of water butts (the assistant in one garden centre gave me a funny look when I asked about water butts, and asked if I meant "rain barrels".  I supposed that I did.  They still didn't have any in stock, though).

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of local naming practice they are all overflowing here. That's why you have none in the stores.

    ReplyDelete