Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Cornell Mystery

The Man writes...it was a flying visit to Ithaca. Not long enough to take in much of the beauty of the Finger Lakes region or the 150 year old campus of Cornell University. However, I enjoyed an interesting, wide ranging and well organized conference on the future of Nanoscience: from solar cells to computing to study of the development of human organs.

The surroundings were certainly handsome on a summer's day, but one graduate student I met did admit that Ithaca sometimes feels like a small town a long way away from anywhere. And she had been brought up in Clovelly, North Devon!

Also, at the top of the hill I came across five or six piles of this...



Yes, it is what you think it is. Snow. On July 19th in the midst of a baking hot summer. If anyone has any ideas how it came to be there, I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment