Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Higgs bozo

So, it sounds like the good folks at CERN are about to make an announcement about finding the Higgs boson.  This is something I don't understand at all, though the Man does because he helped look for it himself, many years ago.  Sometimes he explains this sort of thing to me, and for a moment I get a flash of understanding, like a shooting star against the dark expanse of my incomprehension.  But then, like a shooting star, it's gone and I'm plunged back into darkness.  I don't mind, as I have my own set of skills.  For example, I can sculpt a recognizable rabbit out of Playdoh in less than thirty seconds (I'm an ace at Cranium). 

We each bring different talents to the world.  They all serve a purpose, it just depends on the context.

The Boy has a talent for descriptive turns of phrase.  He went to the town park pool with his look-alike friend today and jumped off the high (it's very high) diving board for the first time.  He said it was scary, "like being suspended in mid-air".  He wants to do it again, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hang gliding next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does everybody find it more difficult to read the two words these days?

    ReplyDelete