Thursday, April 5, 2012

On foot

The Man needed the car today, so I had to walk to my dental appointment about three miles from home.  No problem.  On the way back a neighbour passed in his car, rolled down his window and offered me a lift, but I decided to keep on walking anyway as I could use the exercise.

Later in the day I had a meeting to get to at a cafe in town, so I set off again - only half the distance this time.  On the way back, someone I know drove past me in the opposite direction, rolled down her window and shouted hello.  A bit further along, someone else did the same.  And then, quite close to home, the same neighbour as earlier drove by and offered me a lift again.  So this time I accepted as I didn't want to seem unfriendly.

Having complained before about how lonely it can be as a pedestrian in this country, all this (albeit brief) human contact was a nice turn up for the books.

3 comments: