Tuesday, April 24, 2012

You say banana...

I don't know why we were talking about bananas but we were, the Boy and I, on our walk to school this morning.  I pointed out to him, "You say banana like an American - b'NAnna.  I say b'nahnuh."

The Boy tried it for size.  "B'nahnuh.  B'naaahnuh!"  and then he laughed, "I sound like an American pretending to be an English person."

It's true.  Though he would tell you his heart still belongs in Britain, in many ways he has assimilated over here.  He calls his friends "dude" (Dude, whaddaya mean?!).  Have we really been here so long?  Well, yes, I suppose we have.  After all, this conversation took place nearly five years ago...

1 comment:

  1. Looking back on previous blog its amazing how both children have changed .but then 5 years is a long time in a young persons life wheras to me its only yesterday

    ReplyDelete