Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dog tired

The Girl was out at a sleepover last night, not getting any sleep (predictably enough) - apparently she and the six other girls were playing dodge ball in the basement at four in the morning.  Urrrgh.

I went to collect her before lunchtime.  I took care to avoid the large black dog that loped out onto the driveway as I pulled in - it likes to jump up at anything that moves, including cars.  It also throws itself in front of them, especially at night.  In other death-wish moves (I was told today) it eats whole packs of medication whenever it can, and tubes of sunscreen.  And it has twice had to be rescued from a freezing pond having wandered out on the ice and fallen through.  The second time it was touch and go - but he was right back on the ice again the next day.

I was asked when I got inside the house if I wanted a dog.  Every visitor is routinely asked and everyone replies no thanks, especially not that one...  No one wants it, even its real owner, who left it with this family a couple of years ago and has never come back for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment