I've been to Five Rivers every day so far this week for one reason or another. Last night I was there for a Board meeting, and this morning back again for more training, this time a review of one of my favourite classes, Animal Signs. There are some elements that tend to feature as staple in this class (like exploring vole tunnels in the grass) but pretty much you improvise on what you and the kids come across along the way - which can be a bit nerve-wracking, but ultimately it's what makes the lesson fun.
Anyway, that was the morning. In the afternoon I was trying to track down new clothes again. Unusually, I've another dress-up do to go to, the second in two weeks. Tomorrow evening is Friends of Five Rivers' first ever attempt at a fund-raising reception, and it'll be held at a golf club so we're expected to be smart.
I tried on endless pairs of trousers at the shops (quite confused as to how I could have dropped two sizes since first coming out here, without having actually lost any weight - methinks the clothing industry doth flatter). I came home empty-handed, and will once again be making do. I really don't think the other guests will mind. After all, we are most used to seeing each other in muddy boots and bramble-snagged sweatshirts - I'm not sure we'll all recognise each other if we tart ourselves up too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment