Anyway. The display will be on show for the next month, and I hope it will generate some interest.
Important P.S. for UK readers:
I have finally managed to have a conversation with someone about the Girl's delayed passport. Not good news - we should expect to wait another seven weeks before we see it again. "Unexpectedly high demand" for passports is what they're saying, but I think "major screw-up" is more likely. 16-week turnaround for a passport? That's ridiculous. Whatever, it doesn't look like we'll be visiting the UK this month after all. If it seems like we'll be able to make it at the end of the August, obviously we'll let you know...
I look forward to seeing the Fair Trade Display!
ReplyDeleteIn answer to a months-old question, I loved the Children of Green Knowe series!
Good luck straightening out the passport issues. :(
~ Anne
Will look forward to seeing you then.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne, thanks Ninja. The whole passport debacle is so frustrating.
ReplyDeleteHey Ninja, what's the latest on Linton bookfest?
All quiet - but not so at the library. Just heard that the Supervisors job is to be cut. Linda is one of our trustees and has been a great support to the Book Festival so we are not happy. But what to do?
ReplyDeleteThat's awful news - is this all part of "austerity measures"? Is the library supposed to be run by volunteers now or something? Crazy.
ReplyDeleteStill not clear what will happen but it will certainly all change, and it looks like volunteers may be the only way to keep it open. All part of the austerity measures - yes. Bookfest seems a bit of a luxury in this context.
ReplyDelete