Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dream stream

After a comfortable night's sleep we awoke in our mountain retreat.  Instead of hitting the road straight after breakfast, we paddled in a stream and built dams and little cairns and such-like.

Then down into the village of Stowe, which is one of those picture-perfect New England places.  We found a cafe for coffee and snacks, then eventually moved on down the road for some lunch.  Finally we prised ourselves away and went in search of a hike.



The hike turned into more stream-paddling, and even swimming in shallow water-holes.  There aren't so many completely perfect moments in life, but I have come across them sometimes on warm days in cool streams with my family - and so I did today.  In fact I felt so entirely contented that I didn't even mind a bit when the Man told me he'd just dropped the camera in the water and it may never be the same again. 


We then had a long drive home (made longer by my erratic navigation efforts) but made it home safely.  What a happy day it's been, as good a birthday as I've ever had.

1 comment: