The Girl had an appointment at the library today, for some job training. She is volunteering this summer to help younger kids practise reading - her first actual session will be later in the week.
It's great that the library is able to offer opportunities for tweens and teens to do a bit of useful community service. It's great that the Girl is of an age when she wants to take on a responsibilty like this, and I hope it'll be a satisfying experience for her.
I could at this point get rather sentimental about watching my daughter starting to grow up...but I'm afraid it's just too hot for any of that today. I have to admit it's been one of those days when I've really appreciated our pool. It's been 92F and humid. The Boy has been honing his diving skills, while I've been happy just standing around in the cool water.
No comments:
Post a Comment