Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Doze of our lives

We've had another hot day, like yesterday.  The Girl was back at farm camp having fun with the goats and the chickens, the Boy had a friend round, and I discovered that sitting down on the sofa in the middle of a muggy day is fatal if you want to stay awake (though anyone that knows me well will point out that I'm liable to nap in the daytime whatever the weather.  It's all part of the creative process!  Or something...). The Man spent most of the day in a bunny suit (as is his habit these days).

The tadpoles that the kids adopted a little while ago are beginning to sprout arms and legs!  They seem to be thriving on a diet of lettuce.  Does anyone know what we're supposed to do with them next?

Right, I'm off now for a cooling star-lit swim.

4 comments:

  1. Scrunched up fish flakes work well for tadpoles/froglets. Don't think lettuce will sustain them once they start turning carnivore.

    How is Hugh Heffner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they are grown up eat their legs! Tres bien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fish flake suggestion.

    Bunny SUIT, not "outfit"...I'll let the Man explain sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny Suit is the nickname for a cleanroom suit. Think of the white things police wear at a crime scene.

    True story with insight into the male of the species: I have a colleague who nearly got into a fit fight with a stranger in a bar in Saratoga Springs about whether a cleanroom suit looks the same as the uniform a caddy wears in the US Masters golf.

    ReplyDelete