Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Books etc

I had a good meeting this morning (see yesterday's blogpost), followed by a useful conversation with the owner of a new restaurant.  She not only already serves fair trade coffee and bananas but also wants to support Friends of Five Rivers in various ways.

The rest of the day went off as usual - yet more boat-building for the Boy and his buddy, and library-work for the Girl, followed by skating.  Tonight, a toad-rescue from the pool. 

Anyone got any reading recommendations for me?  I recently enjoyed Kate Atkinson's latest, Started Early Took My Dog, and now I'm reading a novel by a local (to here) author, David Klein called Stash - don't know if it's available in the UK but it would probably make a good choice for a book group, if you're in one.  Completely different, Ben Goldacre's Bad Science is very readable and well-worth your time.  But what else should I be reading this summer?

3 comments:

  1. The Hare with Amber Eyes
    More to follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to be a woman , by Caitlin Moran

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already read it, The Shadow of the Wind is shaping up to be a good page-turner. (Got it at a swish, too, so it has green credentials.)

    ReplyDelete