Friday, September 24, 2010

Spirited away

This can't be right - it's late September, but we've got the air-conditioning on.

Temperatures were nudging 90F by this evening, and it's been pretty muggy all day.  The Girl, who set off this morning in "school spirit" colours came home almost melted.  The only clothes she happens to have in the school's official colours are a long-sleeved shirt and warm skating trousers - so she sat and sweltered loyally all day.  The Boy, who is getting on better at school now but is still rather lacking in "spirit", fared better in his randomly chosen shorts and t-shirt.

I've stayed in today, finishing up my preparations for the Five Rivers Fall Festival craft area.  Just like last year I'm trying to be creative with rubbish.  I know these little projects will still make it into the landfill eventually, but the point is to give kids and their carers the idea that crafts don't have to involve expensive materials.  I hope we'll have some fun with these and some other ideas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment