It was perfect weather for a walk at Five Rivers this morning - bright and sunny, but comfortable and with a bit of an autumn breeze. But many of my fellow volunteer instructors there (we were out on a training session today) were wishing for rain. It's true, we have had an incredibly dry few months, and lawns and gardens are suffering.
I was at the kids' new school this evening, checking out what goes on at the PTA. There was a huge turnout, but I gather that's not usually case during the rest of the year. There are plenty of opportunities to sign up for this and that - fundraising, hospitality etc - and no doubt I shall soon be getting involved with various events.
Between school happenings and Fair Trade events and Five Rivers - and the local ice rink reopening, hooray! - the weeks ahead look likely to be full.
No comments:
Post a Comment