The Man and I went to school this evening to learn about what the kids do there during the day. It all seems pretty positive, although we found it a little overwhelming being back in a relatively big school environment having got used to something cosier. But the teachers seem sparky and enthusiastic and kind and I'm confident they'll teach our children well. Thank you to the Exile for keeping an eye on the latter while we were out.
Earlier today, inspired by the very same Exile, I sought out a Mohawk Hudson Land Conservancy preserve to visit. It was a small one, Swift Wetland in Bethlehem. No doubt in the spring after the snow-melt it is aptly named, but following this year's dry, dry summer there was very little sign of wetland. It was more just a pleasant walk in the woods, quite close to people's backyards and houses. I admired woodpecker peckings and attractive eau-de-nile shades of lichen, and dodged acorns as they crashed down around me.
And I avoided this stuff - can anyone say why?

Is it poison ivy?
ReplyDeleteCorrect! "Leaflets three, let it be" - and with good reason. It looks innocent enough, but I've seen friends who've handled poison ivy, and it's not pretty.
ReplyDelete