Sunday, September 19, 2010

Giving Peace a chance

Or at least, giving a Peace Fair a chance - the Peace Fair in Saratoga Springs, in its second year.  I'd learnt about it from Jun-san at the Pagoda the other week, got in touch with the organisers and bingo, set myself up with a Fair Trade Towns table there.

Though for the most part I was preaching to the choir, there were a few people who didn't know a whole lot about Fair Trade so it was a good chance to talk to them.  Plenty more had never heard of Fair Trade Towns, and a few of them expressed an interest in maybe pursuing the concept further - excellent, because meeting them was my main reason for being there.  On occasions like this it's great to be from the UK, which has very kindly road-tested the FTT movement so that I can tell people here that it really does work.  In other circumstances I sometimes feel my nationality gets in the way - who does she think she is, coming over here and throwing her funny European ideas around...?

The Man, once again, was left in charge of the kids.  I think they had fun in town, passing time in cafes and bookshops and the park.  Once I'd cleared up my display, we dropped by on friends L&L and their very delightful 10-month old daughter.  We were able to demonstrate, with live examples, what lovely babies can turn into.  I hope we didn't alarm them too much.

Finally, at the Boy's request we filled up with Saratoga spring water from the pavillion by the Auto museum - although not of course from the "mineral water" spigot.

2 comments:

  1. So,you went to the Falls in Spring, and now you have been to the Springs in the Fall!
    It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete