We've all been in Boston, the Man and kids coming along for the ride while I attended the Fair Trade Futures Conference. It's the largest gathering in the USA of FT producers, wholesalers, retailers and advocates, and takes place only once every five years. I was very excited to have the chance to be there.
There were numerous discussions, debates and seminars to attend, with opportunities for informal networking between-times. I think everyone enjoyed being around others with a shared sense of purpose concerning Fair Trade. Though the movement faces some complex challenges, the underlying spirit is positive. My local FT Town campaign has been flagging of late, but I've come home with renewed energy and determination to push on.
And what of the rest of the family while I was busy mingling with all the very lovely (and, no getting away from it, they are all very lovely) FT people? Lots of fun things by the sounds of it - I'll let the Man fill you in on that another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment