Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer's end

A couple more photos from our Adirondack trip here, to round off the summer...


The Boy had a friend to play much of the day, and they set to work making something mysterious out of cardboard boxes. There was more creativity later when we met up with a new friend at a local craft-space called the Albany Art Room and had a go at printing.

It has been another day of lovely weather, though it was hard to spend time out of doors in our neighbourhood on account of all the building noise - not just from across the road where they are digging foundations for the new house, but from every other driveway on the street. I think the guys laying the drive to the new place must have been round offering to re-do everyone else's drives too. Setting out for the library after lunch I had to weave through a slalom of diggers and rollers and heaps of stone chippings.

Today was the last day of the summer vacation - I can't believe it's finally over.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you have enjoyed such good weather for the final days of the summer vacation .
    The pictures are splendid and the senery beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On balance, I think it beats South Cambridgeshire scenery ...

    ReplyDelete