Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pressing engagement

This morning I helped out on a Friends of Five Rivers stall at the Farmers' Market. I'd volunteered to promote the Fall Festival, coming up next week. I was quite pleased with this little display which I threw together first thing, having just remembered that I had a pile of pressed leaves left over from last autumn (like you do. Though perhaps you don't?).

The Man and I ate a lunch of ingredients from the market, and very tasty it was - fresh organic salad, and potato latkes, which the stallholder explained were a "different kind of knish", further emphasizing my lack of Yiddish. They were delicious though, warmed up and served with sour cream and apple sauce.

This afternoon the Boy had a play date and the Man had outdoor jobs to see to, and the Girl and I went on a little shopping trip together. Even though we didn't manage to find everything we were looking for, we so rarely get to go out just the two of us that we had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment