Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bounty hunters

You've got to love the school that recognizes that even though its kids have three months in which to do their summer vacation projects, they will be needing an extra week once school starts in order to actually finish it. Or, in fact, start it.

Anyway, today was our designated "Get it done day". With some reluctance on the part of the kids in question, two pieces of homework were completed - well ahead of Wednesday's submission date, so that's pretty good going. This meant that both children were free to go their separate ways and hang out with friends for the rest of the day, and the Man and I were free to go apple and blueberry picking at Indian Ladder Farms.

I love that place. The lines of pumpkins for sale, the rows of trees laden with apples, the happy chatter of families picking-their-own - and the Helderberg Escarpment a backdrop to it all. The blueberries were, we told, "slim" - but we found plenty enough, and when we got them home I baked blueberry muffins. This is a bountiful land, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment