Friday, September 4, 2009

Jam-packed

Well, I can't speak highly enough of the Indian Ladder Farms' Barn School. The Girl has enthused about it (to anyone who'll listen) from start to finish. She has worked hard, made new friends and today she even managed to catch a chicken. Plus she has presented me with a pot of jam (or should that be jelly?) she made from berries she'd picked herself. Excellent.

The Boy had his buddy to sleep over last night and to play most of the day. Meanwhile the Girl went straight from Barn School to her friend's house, and we won't get to see her again until tomorrow. The social whirl is ramping up.

Speaking of jam/jelly, I made myself a traditional American staple today - the PBJ, or peanut-butter and jelly sandwich - just to see what all the fuss was about. It was actually pretty nice. What peanut-butter and jello (US for jelly) would be like I'm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment