Thursday, September 10, 2009

Seated comfortably

Back to school. The Girl was certainly ready; the Boy not quite so eager; and I, for all I've been waiting for this day to come, felt a little sad to see the school bus trundle away down the road first thing this morning.

But not for long. I have plenty of projects to work on, and it was great to have a long uninterrupted stretch of time to get stuck into some of them.

The children bounced home later in the afternoon, with positive tales of their first day back. They are happy with their new teachers, happy to see their friends again and most of all (from what I could gather) happy with the special seating arrangements - a couch in the Boy's classroom and beanbags in the Girl's.

This evening: a family trip to the YMCA swimming pool, but great disappointment that you have to be nineteen to go in the spa, unlike at the hotel in Lake Placid...

2 comments:

  1. I just hit the "next blog" button and found yours. I like it--"A man, a woman, and a boy & girl."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, simplySarah.

    ReplyDelete