It must be, oo, all of a few days since I last saw the dentist, but not to worry, I had another appointment this morning. The aversion therapy of all these visits is working a treat and I have totally lost my fear of dental treatment. I still feel pain though, since it remains physically impossible for me to 'open wide' for any length of time. Plus there's always that bit at the end when they tell me how much the session just cost...
Most of the rest of the day I've been working on a quilt for this year's school auction which is coming up in a couple of months. I know it's not for everyone, cutting up perfectly good bits of fabric just to sew them back together, but it makes me happy.
Big article in the paper this week on new scientific advances in growing back enamel so that trips to the dentist will be a thing of the past. Though I doubt it will be a reality in the lives of our teeth...
ReplyDeleteNot in the lifetime of my teeth, that's for sure - if it takes the scientists much more than a month to nail the new technology I doubt there'll be enough original enamel left in my mouth to grow anything from. Never thought I'd find myself quoting Pam Ayres, but I really do wish I'd looked after me teeth.
ReplyDelete