But this blog is rapidly turning into 'Rodentiana'. I'll ease up on the mouse news for a bit.
Yesterday I was undeservedly bumped up into the top group at skating (there was a shortage of instructors). 'Ok,' said the teacher brightly, 'Today we're going to do some ice-dancing!' Whhhaaat? The other two students (lets call them Torville and Dean) went skimming away across the rink, leaving me standing (though not butt-down on the ice, at least). The teacher took pity on me, demonstrated the basics of the first part of the dance step, and left me to practise. Round and round I went following a circle on the ice. Round and round so many times that if I'd been on a pond I'd probably have ground right through the ice and into the water. But by the end of the session I'd more-or-less got the manoeuvre, so it wasn't all in vain. My muscles have been aching again today though.
No comments:
Post a Comment