Today was President's Day, a day off for many. Also the Boy's birthday, which meant a return trip to the
Bleed-Ya'-Dry Workshop. It was packed. We queued for well over an hour in stifling heat. Was everyone out on a mad spending spree to celebrate the stimulus package getting signed tomorrow? The woman ahead of us spent nearly $300 on stuffed animals and accessories.

This time the Boy fell for a lime-green frog which he has named Hoppit. We allowed him two accessories, which are this "Feelin' green" t-shirt and an "I-pod" which plays four build-a-bear tunes...endlessly. He is very happy, though of course he'd have loved even more "stuff" and rather wishes I'd apply to work at the store so I could qualify for a discount. But it might mean changing my name to "Albaniana Fluff-n-stuff", and I don't know if I'd be able to live with myself.
We then visited another toyshop where the kids ogled the Playmobil and the Boy started compiling his Christmas list... It never ends.

I think he'd say it has been a good birthday, with some great gifts from friends and extended family, plus permission to eat sweets and crisps [candy and chips] for breakfast - and let's face it, not much tops that.
Happy birthday from us all here. Amazed you haven't discovered 'L'il Lovables Fluffy Factory' where you can build-a-bear, albeit a small one, in the comfort of your own home.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the birthday greeting. I do not wish to know about building bears at home, I think the cuddly toys in our house breed as it is. I'm not sure how the Girl manages to get into her bedroom at night there are so many of them in there.
ReplyDelete:-p
ReplyDelete