Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fishy horror show

I took the Boy to Proctor's Theatre in Schenectady this morning. One of his friends was holding her birthday party there. All the guests were invited to a screening of Sea Monsters, an Imax movie in spectacular 3-D.

I'd never been to a 3-D film before. Wow! It's like those fishes were actually swimming over our heads! I was full of child-like wonder. The Boy was more full of unadulterated terror, as prehistoric sea creatures swam right at us snapping their ferocious teeth. Not to mention the distressing numbers of fish that were being eaten throughout the movie, and the Boy has tender feelings for fish. He had to keep whipping off his cardboard specs to hide his face in my shoulder. By the end he was practically in tears.

Anyway, he later managed to recover his composure, enough to eat a large slice of birthday cake and handfuls of candy from a pinata, and by the time we were heading home he'd decided that maybe he wouldn't mind seeing that film again some time even though it was, you know, horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment