On Monday morning I received a call from the hospital where I had my mammogram last week. The radiographer had looked at my results and wanted me back for more x-rays and an ultrasound. Although I was aware that the recall rate for these tests is quite high here and that it wasn't likely there was really anything wrong, still the last three days haven't been the most relaxing.
Anyway, this morning first thing I was back at the hospital being prodded and squished again, but mostly waiting around for results. Happily, after two hours I was told everything's fine and sent on my way - with a little skip in my step, I have to admit.
Good luck, bad luck: to some extent we make our own, but mostly it's completely arbitrary. Given that there was actually nothing wrong with me in the first place, I know it's nonsense to say I got lucky today - but the fact is, that's how it feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment