First of all (though I’d be amazed if they were reading this) I want to apologise to the couple huddled under an umbrella whom I drove past near the Man’s work this morning. I know I’m now an SUV driver and a scourge on society, but I honestly didn’t see that 3 foot deep puddle at the side of the road which I plunged through, soaking you both. Sorry, and I hope you haven’t contracted pneumonia.
And now an apology to my regular readers for blogging about toilets yet again. It must be something to do with my cultural heritage. Anyway, this time your help is required…
With our new house in mind I was in Home Depot (pron. Deepo) today, checking out paint charts and fending off persistently helpful sales staff (Thank you, I’m just looking. No seriously, I really am just looking), and I happened to wander up the bathroom fixtures and fittings aisle.
There was a toilet there which boasted being ‘Virtually Clog-free!’ – somehow not as reassuring a claim as I think it was meant to be, given our earlier experiences of US plumbing. But the sign on the toilet went on to state that you could ‘Flush a bucketful of golf balls in just one flush!’
So I need your suggestions please: Under what circumstances might I want to flush a bucketful of golf balls down a toilet? Really, I should like to know.
Or maybe you have your own flushed away story that you would like to share, before we (ahem) shut the lid on this whole topic.
Oh really, you're not so naive are you? It means, you know, a 'bucketful of golf balls'.
ReplyDeleteProbably.
May I refer you to this: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/19/business/19place.html?ex=1271563200&en=c2edd78720b9c8a7&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
ReplyDeleteI think they do actually mean golf balls!
Sorry you're poorly - get well soon :-)
What about if you wanted to make sure the spider that you threw in there was well and truely dead?
ReplyDeleteObvious, really - revenge on a golf-playing husband who's left you with a bunch of screaming kids all day.
ReplyDeleteThis is purely theoretical, you understand: I've never been put in that position. Although I may have given him an idea about what to do with my running shoes ...
Very good, april fool - I think you may have hit upon something there. Can anyone else offer items (their own or those of loved ones) for the Flush Testing Laboratory to practise on?
ReplyDelete