
So, what was I up to in Schenectady Museum last Sunday?
I was trying to move an object using only the power of my mind.
A challenge too far, surely?
The game was called 'Mind Ball'. The black band pressed a set of censors against my forehead, picking up voltage variations in my brain and connecting them to the ball in the tube. The idea was that if I relaxed and created alpha-theta 'brainwaves' the ball would roll away from me. If I made the energised beta kind, by thinking active thoughts, the ball would roll towards me.
You may speculate amongst yourselves about how successful I was.
The game could be played competitively, with a person connected at either end of the tube trying to roll the ball in opposite directions; or collaboratively, the two players trying to combine their thoughts to keep the ball in one place.
Different members of the family took different approaches to the game. The Boy jogged energetically on the spot to activate his thoughts. 
And the Girl...
Cheaper Tyre says...
ReplyDeleteThis blog is such a good distraction from work and gives me a clue what is (and was) going on in Linton.
This Girl says...where does Albaniana come from?
This Boy says please may we have some more facts about American trains - or any trains for that matter
Where she comes from, nobody knows...
ReplyDeleteRequest for train facts noted. I shall put the Boy onto the task. I may even institute an occasional 'Train Spotters' Corner' feature, if there is enough popular demand.
Hello, That Girl and Boy!