Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day of little rest

This morning I got up at 6:00am, to get some yard work done before the heat of the day set in.

I worked solidly and it was very satisfying to clock up three hours of weeding before breakfast.  The kids hadn't even emerged by the time I was done.  We're used to not seeing the Girl until late of a morning, but the Boy is usually an early riser.  However, he had two friends for a sleepover last night and they seem to have kept themselves up until the small hours.  Ho hum, at least they did it quietly.  Anyway, while I weeded they were stretched out all over the living room, snoozing off the night before.

I went on to do some painting in the basement, then after all those labours I felt quite OK about sitting back and watching the Wimbledon Men's Final.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you were able to see the mens final Such energy they've got It was a good match this yea r cngrats on all your hard work Did the Man help?

    ReplyDelete