Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Catalogue of Dreams

The Boy recently ordered an item through Amazon, .  Today his wrist-strengthening gyroscope ball, recommended by his drumming teacher, arrived. It's a jolly thing that lights up as you twirl it in your hand.

It was provided by a company called Hammacher Schlemmer, and they kindly sent along a copy of their catalogue ("Offering the Best, the Only and the Unexpected for 166 years").

It's one of those catalogues, full of things you could live without but, oh, how much more complete your life would be if it included... an Immersive Audiophile Pod, a set of Glow In The Dark Lawn Darts or a Nursery Rhyme Reciting Lamb.  I personally am not sure how I've made it this far without a pair of Fescue Flip Flops (lined with artificial turf to "create that sensation of walking on soft green turf while strolling down Fifth Avenue"); and I'm sure the next thing on the Boy's shopping list will be the Floating Lighted Pool Fountain that promises to turn our pool into "an effervescent light and water display."  I can think of one or two people who'd love the VW Bus Tent ("the waterproof tent that reproduces the classic VW bus"), and I'm sure the Man will be thrilled when I get him his very own jointed wooden necktie "that acquires its woodgrain pattern honestly because it comes from real wood."

1 comment:

  1. You will surely find that a combination of Effervescent Pool Lighting and a set of Glow in the Dark Darts rapidly become indispensable for your enjoyment of life in general and.outdoor yard activity in particular. Perhaps the wooden necktie should be Saved for Later to allow time for reflection before purchasing

    ReplyDelete