Friday, May 9, 2014

Preparations

With the Boy back at school today as planned, I've been scrambling around all day preparing for the Fair Trade Fun Day I'm running at the library tomorrow.  I've been assembling various international-themed activities for kids, putting together a display for an information table, and collecting in entries for a Fair Trade Bake-Off to be judged by members of the library staff, then sampled by the public.  I've also been lining up some volunteers (mostly friends of the Girl).

I have no idea what the turnout will be, having not done this particular event before, but I've spent years studying events in this country now and I think I've learned what sells: the sign outside the room tomorrow will offer Fun Things To Do PLUS FREE FOOD, and I hope that will pull in some passing trade.

It's all in honour of World Fair Trade Day.  I'm excited that this year in the Capital Region there are a whole lot of events going on to mark the occasion - in Albany at the Honest Weight Food Coop and at Ten Thousand Villages, an FT store; in Troy at Emma Willard School (the USA's first FT High School); and at Mango Tree Imports, the FT store in Ballston Spa.

3 comments:

  1. Very well done to get so far. Very good luck with today's event

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy lady Hope you get a good response Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free food, always a puller! Well done for pushing the F T agenda, hope the event is a success

    ReplyDelete