Saturday, May 24, 2014

Ladies, and gents, who lunch

It has been a decent sort of day, which included a Japanese lunch for the Girl and her parents.  It wasn't a particularly chatty meal as we were all so hungry that when the food arrived we just put our heads down and noshed.

Meanwhile the Boy took himself and his buddy out for lunch at our local diner. French fries and ice- cream, hm - I suppose that's a balanced meal, of sorts.  But they later earned their treatr by tilling the sunflower patch and planting the seeds we saved from last year's flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Look forward to weekly I-photo progress reports on sunflower crop. Should we prepare for an oil bottling project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder which meal I would prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Dog: the Japanese meal was lunch boxes from Hana. For a little under $10 you get an excellent, nicely presented introduction to Japanese food: shumai (little dumplings), vegetable tempura, miso soup, California rolls (avocado and crab stick wrapped in rice) and either tofu, salmon or steak and vegetables in teriyaki sauce.

    ReplyDelete