Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photo fit

The kids have "picture day" this week - school photos.  I've just finished filling out the order forms. 

Blimey!  Talk about a homework challenge.  Sifting through the myriad "package" options is like solving complex equations (for example:  PkgD1: same as D12 remove 2 - 5x7s & 8 2x3s) - and then you have to choose the pose, and the background (blowing autumn leaves; aurora borealis;  the sky from the Sistine Chapel ceiling; weird cascade of white chocolate buttons...etc etc.  We opted for "Gray").  And that's before the optional extras, such as the Multi-Image Collage, or "Premium Retouching", which promises to "whiten teeth, even skin tone, remove blemishes, scars & fly-away hair" (thus providing you with the air-brushed fantasy child of your dreams?  "Basic Retouching" just deals with acne, apparently).

I'm sure it didn't use to be as confusing (or expensive) as this - even last year, let alone in my young day.  Too much choice.  People (this person, for example) don't necessarily like it.  Someone should tell the photography company...

2 comments:

  1. It would be easier to have a portrait painted1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? I am outraged

    ReplyDelete