Thursday, September 26, 2013

Open House, and thoughts of home

Tonight the Man and I attended Open House for both the Girl and Boy - we had to split up in order to do the crazy condensed-timetable dash around the school.  The Man met the 8th Grade teachers, while I did the rounds of the 6th Grade classes.  With a lot of information to absorb in each ten minute classroom chunk, it's quite an exhausting evening.  But as usual we came away impressed by the dedication of the staff, and optimistic about a good year of learning ahead for both our kids.

My thoughts for the rest of the day were often with my parents; Mum in particular, as the funeral of her younger sister was held today.  Sheila had severe Downs Syndrome and spent her adult life in care, where she was looked after by kind people.  Her mark upon the world was light, but she was loved - which is a contribution in itself.  I was sorry that I couldn't be with family saying goodbye today.

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to hear that your school visit went well even though exhausting
    So sorry to here that you have lost your other Aunt so soon after Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete